Friday, September 30, 2005

A Day In The Life...

The sun was streaming into my room when I woke up last Friday. I grinned idiotically and tumbled out of bed. Somedays, against all odds, your step is light and your heart soars. Best not to look too deeply at the whys and wherefores. Best to just ride the wave. So that is what I did.

Did a quick tumble though and tried to speed up in the shower (took me just under an hour- quite a record for me), 'cos had to go to the BLE and throw myself at PatNat's mercy. Long story. Was actually quite terrified at the prospect. The whole walking on air thing was a bit incongruous in light of the Sword of Damocles hanging over me. You just don't mess with the BLE and I committed the cardinal sin of missing a session.

Was formulating my speech to PatNat while walking to the MRT but finally decided to eschew legalese and go for the tried and true tamil-movie method of prostrating myself on the ground and grabbing his feet. While ruminating on the extensive hand-and-feet coordination required for this manoeuvre (I'm serious, you could end up being kicked in the face), I knocked into Tze-Hern by the MRT escalator. It was really cool. Breakfast has been in the works for months but we just never seem to get around to doing it (OK, fine, who am I bullshitting, I never seem to get around to waking up). So was really cool that the fates had conspired to knock us into each other. Got an early morning hug (aren't hugs wonderful?) which served to increase the whole walking-on-air element of the day.

At BLE, I was chanelled to one of the girls who said she would "inform" me of my make-up date, and that was it! So much angstifying and all for naught. Big kiss to Harjean who added some steel to my backbone.

I roamed around for a while. Enjoying the sheer space that mid-morning Singapore offers. Then had the brilliant idea of meeting Claudius for lunch. Sir Lancelot was prompt in agreement and I whiled away the time in MAC and Bobbi Brown before traipsing over to Borders to while away my time there. Neither MAC nor Bobbi Brown had foundation that suited my skin tone. I tell you like it's not already hard being a Malayalee girl.

Was unsuccessful in trying to return Stardust at Borders but was not too disappointed. Liked it too much anyway. I do wonder though how Sandy manages it (returning books that is).

Claudius came right on the dot and watched (approvingly, I hope!) as I returned my "browsing" books to the exact spots from which I took them. We then adjourned to an excellent though overly-healthy vegetarian lunch. It was really fun. We talked about the boys-going-wild phenomenon in Singapore which applies to all shades of boys, of course, but somehow more so with Caucasian men. Several theories were posited from the various horror stories we have heard about but nothing really covered the facts. Still I figure it works like Temptation Island and weeds out all the flak-y jerk-y assholes.

Tried to stay in at night but was invited out by Arpita. Rounded up some of the troops only to be ditched by Arpita (for a movie!). Still made it out though thanks to Sanjay. Ran into Anita and Christian. She was bringing him on a walk-about with Shuchi and Gayathri. We did a little chit-chat and then she was off. Poorvi showed up with a Karthik (one of three Karthiks that night). Even Arpita came eventually. As usual my fall-back plan of a quiet saturday night turned into me dancing up a storm at 1Nite

Ended the night at Lau Pa Sat gorging on stingray and excellent conversation with Nitin, Giri and Sanjay. All in an excellent day, if I do say so myself :-p

No comments: