Wednesday, September 21, 2005

My So-Called Weekend

Another stay-at-home weekend. Dreamed up a "weekend" instead. Seemed a pity to just leave it in my head. So here it is..in technicolour. All resemblances to persons living or dead is purely coincidental :-p

Had a Conveyancing tute Friday. Was terrible. It even started off bad. Was stopped by PatNat who Ms. Netto-ed me and told me to make sure I turned up for lectures. Damn sad really, now I'll never shake off that constant flu. Damn huge freezin' auditorium that incubates all our bugs...here I come! Anyways managed to get in a query about our call papers. Seems me and Adeline and Joy gone and done it. Served photostats when we were supposed to serve originals. Went and replaced them, no harm done (hopefully)

The subsequent Conveyancing Tute was so many shades of painful. It was just unbelievable. Dull does not begin to describe it. Why does my brain do that whole shutting down thing when faced with a potentially boring situation? It's really terrible. I remember how Anita used to tell me I just shut down when I am bored (has happened in mid-sentence, someone else's obviously! ) It has a mind of its own, my brain( yeah very funny am not going into how my mind IS located in the brain etc, the ancient greeks had their doubts and you know what? So do I!).

To recover from it, I joined the Arches, Muna and Camilla at the chocolate buffet at Fullerton Hotel (obviously have been missing them too much and have been missing chocolate a lot too, both ideas must have gotten associated in my head). The buffet spread was entirely chocolate. We ate like pigs. In other words we pigged out. We were chocolate piggies...(you get the picture). I had lotsa fun with the chocolate fountain. It looked like the chocolate waterfall in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and I kept "breaking" the flow by sticking various items into it. Well you know items like marshmallows, strawberries...maybe a bowl. There was also this chef-like person at a corner who would cook you hot chocolate over a stove from chocolate pieces that you selected yourself. Was too damn cool. There was also a chocolate dragon but we were not allowed to eat him. Damn!

We were soon chocked-out of course and lolled around in our seats for a while bravely trying to finish that last spoonful of chocolate soup or chocolate flan (I was miserably trying to down a chocolate-drowned strawberry), finally rousing ourselves to join Monsieur Ashwin at Alleybar. Such a cool place with Ash and Adrienne being the perfect host and hostess. They have a good thing going those two :-p. Met Segar (again!) and wife with a nice Malyalee Indian doctor girl from NUS and JB who knows Gerard! Eh small world.

Archana made an interesting observation about Beijing 101 which went down quite well... and we all trooped over to Rouge (courtesy M. Ash) where Arch, myself and Adrienne proceeded to smoke up the dancefloor. Even did a little "number" with the Camilla-Crushed (someone is always crushing after her, damn sometimes even I do!) for the evening. Was commended on it by Adrienne. Was also comended on top by various people, including perfect strangers (mental note - don't wear that top with that group again).

Next day, after work did lunch with oft-unseen Radiography people; Jams, Santosh and Raina. Watching them together kinda choked me up. Its nice to have a connection with a person. To have the love, respect and admiration you have reflected back in another's eyes. No better feeling in the world. No better state to be in. Santosh has three now; Shalini, Sham and Sanjay. I love "S" names. So what if I am biased?!

Was supposed to turn up at Jean & Co.'s chalet later that day, but fell asleep. Joined them at A instead. Milled around outside for a while though and knocked into orange-shirted Raj. He is really growing on me, that one. Very sweet. Viz similiarly in orange was inside 1Nite dancing up a storm. I went over to say Hi! Am still a bit tongue-tied around Viz rather like I was around Archit in the beginning, bit weird that. Went back to mill around outside A again. Knocked into Jo Tan and Wilma's friend Claire. Dragged them to 1Nite. Love dancing with Jo man, she is just too good. Am reminded of Igor's tee hee. That was a good night. Pity some assholes have tarnished my memories of those days for good.

Jo and Claire's friend finally arrived and we managed to scoot into A. Met with the goddesses Jean and Aimes. Both were too smoking hot for their own good. In Jean's case, she was also up there with Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. Found them with the chappie we had knocked into before and his friend. Jean was so out of it, she was snogging him to kingdom come. Arpita and I were kinda icked out. She snogged us for good measure too. Yup Arps turned up in my dream as well. A little worse for wear from her "Wine Session" earlier. A sad drunk and a bad drunk. Twas gonna be a long night.... We bopped around for a while with those bitches dragging me into various "sandwich" combinations. The music was awful but not goddamn awful. Seems Titus only started at 130am. By then of course all hell had broken loose.

Jean's M turned up but it didn't prevent her from continuing her snoggin' antics. I was largely "live and let live" but Aimes felt it was a bad idea and requisitioned me to do Diversionary Duty. See, I do not do Diversionary Duty. I can't do the whole slutty, flirty thing. It makes me want to throw up. Since that avenue was closed off, I tried the truth. As usual it proceeded to bite me on the ass. Chappie took it real badly. Sigh. I mean how can you misinterpret "Please don't kiss her, she has a boyfriend and he is here!" Had to do major ego-recovery. Discussed the price of a certain much-valued commodity and feigned ignorance so I could be lectured on the workings of the shipping industry and stock exchange. All this at 330am. Am traumatised for life, but I got the job done.

Although at that point it was hardly necessary since the only thing Jean was snoggin' was the toilet bowl. Between M and his cousin, Aimes and I we finally managed to get her out and into a cab back to the chalet. Would like to reiterate at this point that I am quite taken with M. He seems like a gentleman and those are hard to find. Aimes kept whining about the chappie who seemed to have gotten too touchy-feely with her. I was pretty non-commital. Have very little patience with girls in less than nothing grinding into guys and then accusing them of getting touchy-feely.

At the chalet Jean crashed onto a bed and I proceeded to get to know the "Co" part of Jean & Co. Been a while since I laughed so much. Sanjay was just too hilarious. Never seen a guy manage to dig his grave with such unfailing optimism. Was really great how he even managed to get the dead-drunk Jean to rouse herself and berate him. The others were really nice as well. Been a while since I hung out with "real" people. I especially liked Amrah and Babita. Was so refreshing to find girls comfortable in their own skins again.

Prabjot gave us 3 a lift back. Aimes, me and Sanjay. My age did come up but wriggled out of it but Prab was nice enough to say that I looked about 22. I am not really self-conscious about it. Just don't think people can handle it, usually. Sanjay took my number but idiot never gave me his. Tis a pity. He seems like fun to have around.

Came home. Hung around for a while. Called Mo to wake her up and then fell asleep, at which point I promptly woke up, of course.

2 comments:

Venk said...

Is it because i'm reading this at this time of the night or because of the numerous new and unknown names?! so cryptic...
:P

Venk said...

...and you need to change the clock's time to local time. it's 15 hours behind :P