Thursday, June 08, 2006

Dedications

The following is Kavita's acknowledgement page for her PhD thesis...


I would like to thank Fujitsu for making reliable laptops and Ikea for making a long lasting table lamp, that ensures that i do not need to wear spectacles and look like a nerd, even if i have a PhD.

Also the university co-op for selling tasty chocolate cookies, that are my best friends when i write alone in my room.

Lets not forget Nokia, for making a mobile phones - now i can get wake up calls from abroad, and it has an in built alarm to wake me up!

Not to mention Singtel for providing the telecommunication services, otherwise, i wont be able to talk to ppl.. and no internet connection at home!

To Thomas Alva Edisson, otherwise, i would be only able to work during daylight and to Benjamin Franklin - for our lives, the experiments and this thesis would not be possible without electricity.

To all the allergic patients. - for if u didnt have allergy, i wont have a PhD.
Thanks to the dust mites, for ingeniously producing allergens that we cant find a cure for - and that have given jobs to so many ppl (not forgetting even publications in nature) you are now more famous in the scientific community than any American Idol has ever been.

Last but not least, I extend my gratitude to those people who made my life miserable, which was the catalyst of me finishing up faster.

No comments: